Heterogeneous catalytic hydrogenation is the most versatile catalytic methodology available, both for laboratory and production scale. The combination of high-level expertise, a world-class infrastructure (HTE platform) and a broad library of heterogeneous catalysts is a key success factor when developing a selective heterogeneous hydrogenation reaction.
Solvias has an unparalleled knowledge base covering > 33,000 different heterogeneously catalyzed hydrogenation reactions, making it a center of excellence in this field. We can assist you in all phases of process development to solve challenging selectivity issues and to find the optimal catalyst system within the shortest time frame.
Our service includes
- Catalyst/catalyst modifier/solvent/additive evaluation studies
- Optimization of reaction conditions
- Quality risk analysis
- Production of up to multi 100 kg amounts in our 50 L autoclave
- Support of Tech Transfer to designated CMO
- Selective Catalytic Hydrogenation of Functionalized Nitroarenes: An Update, Hans-Ulrich Blaser, Heinz Steiner, and Martin Studer, ChemCatChem 2009, 1, 210 – 221
- Chemoselective Hydrogenation of α,β-Unsaturated Nitriles, Pavel Kukula, Martin Studer, Hans-Ulrich Blaser, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2004, 346, 1487 –1493
- Selective Hydrogenation for Fine Chemicals: Recent Trends and New Developments, Hans-Ulrich Blaser, Christophe Malan, Benoit Pugin, Felix Spindler, Heinz Steiner, Martin Studer, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2003, 345, No. 1+2
- Strong reduction of hydroxylamine accumulation in the catalytic hydrogenation of nitroarenes by vanadium promoters, Peter Baumeister, Hans-Ulrich Blaser and Martin Studer, Catalysis Letters 49 (1997) 219-222
For the screening or the optimization of heterogeneously catalyzed hydrogenation reactions, Solvias uses a large library of heterogeneous catalysts that are commercially available from various leading catalyst manufacturers.